WAY Michigan is a fully accredited, tuition-free, online public school academy providing a personalized learning experience for students in Michigan. WAY Michigan offers an innovative approach to education utilizing state of the art technology and project-based learning in alignment with state and national content standards. Students collaborate across the WAY network to engage in rigorous online projects, with multiple supports to ensure success in learning.
Benefits of WAY Michigan
- Free mac laptop and internet access (if needed)
- 24/7 access to learning environment and instructors
- Live chat with experts about projects
- Dual enrollment options
- Built in features especially helpful for students with reading challenges or other learning disabilities
- Adaptable curriculum options available for Secular, Christian, or any other concern
- On your own schedule - no specific log in times
- Adaptable, hands-on Projects include things like making movies, drawing, writing papers, answering questions, recording experiments not just sitting on the computer all day long.
- Multiple project choices and ways to show what you’ve learned available
- Monthly progress reports and visible Access to transcript
- Projects allow students to choose what interests them making learning more meaningful and productive
- Ability to test out of subjects, work ahead, or catch up
- Ability to earn dual earn standards; Social Studies paper may earn Social Studies and English Standards etc.
- Social and Lab Options available in some areas
- Learn anytime, anywhere with 24/7 access to interactive learning materials and communication tools.
- Work with experienced teachers and learning coaches to schedule individualized, online meetings that work for you.
- Everything from open tutoring sessions to one-on-one individualized meetings
- Keep working until you master the material and skills
- Parents can stay informed with up-to-the-minute grade-books–no more waiting for 8 weeks before you know how your child is doing in school.
- Apply skills to solve real-world problems.
- Create digital and physical products that demonstrate learning.
- Tackle today's biggest questions head on. For example, "How do my goals and values shape me as a person?"
Welcome to an opportunity to solve tomorrow's problems today. Welcome to a change in how we think and learn: Welcome to WAY Michigan!