WAY Michigan is a fully accredited, tuition-free, online public school academy providing a personalized learning experience for students in Michigan. WAY Michigan offers an innovative approach to education utilizing state of the art technology and project-based learning in alignment with state and national content standards. Students collaborate across the WAY network to engage in rigorous online projects, with multiple supports to ensure success in learning.
Mission and Vision
Delivering a blended, global learning model to encourage positive self-esteem, academic excellence, and life-long learning for young people.
We will focus on this mission so that students develop the competitive skills to excel in a global economy and succeed in any post-secondary endeavor. WAY Michigan will build on the personal interests of youth and will surround them with a community of learners using high-powered cyber and hands-on technology, embedded in an engaging, project based learning environment. WAY Michigan will reengage students through a personalized, project based learning process guided by certified teachers, highly qualified subject matter experts, and innovative technology. WAY Michigan will immerse students in a mentored community of learning and collaboration that collapses barriers of time and distance, providing access to scaffolded personalized learning.
Benefits of WAY Michigan
- Free mac laptop and internet access (if needed)
- 24/7 access to learning environment and instructors
- Live chat with experts about projects
- Dual enrollment options
- Built in features especially helpful for students with reading challenges or other learning disabilities
- Adaptable curriculum options available for Secular, Christian, or any other concern
- On your own schedule - no specific log in times
- Adaptable, hands-on Projects include things like making movies, drawing, writing papers, answering questions, recording experiments not just sitting on the computer all day long.
- Multiple project choices and ways to show what you’ve learned available
- Monthly progress reports and visible Access to transcript
- Projects allow students to choose what interests them making learning more meaningful and productive
- Ability to test out of subjects, work ahead, or catch up
- Ability to earn dual earn standards; Social Studies paper may earn Social Studies and English Standards etc.
- Social and Lab Options available in some areas
Welcome to an opportunity to solve tomorrow's problems today. Welcome to a change in how we think and learn: Welcome to WAY Michigan!